Monday, March 28, 2011

Scarlet Fever!!!

So apparently, when you get strep and don't go to the Dr right away (more than likely because you haven't told your parents that your throat, tongue, teeth, or any part of you hurts...we did ask many times) you develop a rash ALL OVER YOUR BODY that is called Scarlet Fever. So that is the diagnosis for Cole. It is a simple fix of Amoxicillin for 10 days, he should be feeling better in about 24 hours.
They assured me that Easton shouldn't get it since the oral mucosa is protected from strep until the ripe old age of 3!! Not sure they remember our history of late (our Dr is out of the office today so had to see someone else)!! I was really hoping since both the boys have followed in their Daddy's footsteps with getting tubes in their ears they would get away without all the strep infections I was blessed with as a kid. Guess I was wrong...

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I haven't heard of anyone getting that...except in books from the early 1900's or something! Poor kiddo! Get better!

    ReplyDelete