Saturday, January 2, 2010

Ear Infections, Christmas Cookies, and Daddy Time

Just a quick update on our latest news. Easton did in fact have double ear infections on Christmas, and seems to be feeling much better with the help of some antibiotics. His cough also seems to have gone away, so we are enjoying having our happy-go-lucky baby back. He has been doing great these past couple days and even managed to sleep from 8:30p-4a last night meaning I only had to get up once in the night!! I have forgotten what it feels like to get almost 7 hours of continuous sleep (yes, we were in bed shortly after 9 last night). All this after he sucked down a 9oz bottle yesterday while I was at work (usually he only takes 3-4oz)...good to know he is getting his 'Poutre appetite' back :)

We finally finished manged to bake our Christmas cookies today. The dough has been sitting in my fridge for almost a week now, and amazingly they turned out alright. I would post pictures, but they are little mice and they still need some eyes and noses to be complete. We will see if they actually get put on, or if they just get eaten the way they are.

In other news, Chris and the boys survived their first two days alone together this week. I had to work New Years as my holiday, so they were left to fend for themselves. Needless to say, Chris admitted he had a new found respect for me after taking both boys to Target by himself. However, they managed to get through 12 hours unharmed and everyone seemed in good spirits when I got home. Friday, they hung out at G-Ma & G-Pa Poutre's house, so I suppose he had some help. But I think they will be just fine in the future. It's great to not have to worry about them when I am at work :)

I think that's about it around here...now to continue work on the Christmas/Holiday letter I have yet to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment